Experience INDIA Like an Insider
4-10 March 2018
Our Travel Collective Insiders (TCI) Arijit and Nikhil will show you the Indian capital in a way you have never experienced before. Fall in love with Delhi’s past and present through a curated visit to its historic sites, pristine organic farm villas on the outskirts, cultural activities and some old world Ayurvedic relaxation. We will do early morning yoga with a view on a rooftop daily. Get your rhythm on for a classical music and instruments workshop fused with a touch of contemporary Bollywood. Then, immerse yourself in a traditional cooking class to learn about the evolution of Indian food. Experience tea like a professional taster with a visit to a boutique tea studio to learn the art of drinking tea and end your evening with a pub crawl. We will take you for a street walk with guides from Salaam Balak Trust— an NGO that cares for and educates street children to give them a new life. Your guide will be a former street child who has been rehabilitated through the Trust and has unique knowledge of the city.
- Airport transfers to a luxury villa Thikana
- Morning yoga on the rooftop with Priyanka Devi Gupta
- Daily sumptuous meals i.e. Rajasthani cuisine, South Indian and more
- Local market tour plus five course meal cooking with Anchal Bhalla of Tastesutra
- Delhified Tour (New Delhi) - Lotus Temple, Humayun's Tomb, Gandhi Memorial, Lodhi Gardens, Agrasen Ki Baoli, President's House Photo Op, India Gate
- Organic Farm Visit, Lunch in the garden from farm fresh veggies, Camel Ride
- Half Day Old Delhi Tour with Spice Market and Lunch.
- Salaam Balak Street Walk
- Classical Music Workshop with Shikha Ganguly
- Ayurvedic massage
- Tea Appreciation and chocolate pairing with Anamika Singh of Anandini Himalaya Tea
- Price is based on twin sharing (Single Supplement add USD$350)
- Does not include airfare, visa and travel insurance
A warm and friendly home environment where your adventure in India begins in the warmth of a family accommodation. Thikana, which in Hindi means the place to which you belong, is your destination for comfort and simple luxuries in the heart of the city.